Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine Rhyming Fun!

I hope everyone enjoyed their time with the substitute teacher today!  The story they read during circle time was Dinofours: It's Valentine's Day!  In the story, the children all need the help of their teacher to do different tasks while getting ready for Valentine's Day.  Since the teacher only had two hands, she could not help everybody at once and began to feel a little frustrated.  At the end of the story, the children made their teacher a special valentine as a surprise to make her feel better!

As a transition to centers, the children each got a valentine heart with a picture of an object.  They had to sort the hearts by beginning sound.

The children rotated to a new center today.  They either made a valentine song book, played heart number hopscotch, or counted playdough hearts.

Then it was time to play.  I know the children were looking forward to doing more painting and I can't wait to see the beautiful ocean murals when I come back on Wednesday!

After snack, the children read a silly rhyming story: There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Rose!  Afterwards, the children played a heart rhyming memory game.  They love rhyming and playing memory so this game should be a winning combination that they will enjoy!

Have a great evening! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment